Last modified: January 1, 2024
At ICARE FINLAND OY (“iCare”, “we”, “us”, “our”), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.icare-world.com/us/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Persons Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for use by persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under age 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a persons under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including the following information:
- Identifiers and other professional and employment information, including your first name and last name, your email address, your employer’s name, your job title and position, and your telephone number (collectively, “personal information”);
- Commercial information, including the name of your employer or other organization on whose behalf you contact us as a customer or prospective customer of our products and services (the “Customer”), and related email and physical addresses for the Customer;
- Commercial information regarding products and services that the Customer is interested in purchasing from iCare or our affiliate CenterVue S.p.A. (“CV”);
- Commercial information regarding products and services that the Customer has previously purchased from iCare or CV;
- Information regarding your internet or other similar network activity, including log information on our electronic resources where the aforementioned types of information are processed, including IP addresses, cookies and pixels.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including when you submit it via the Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From publicly available sources (such as from the Customer’s website or an industry association website where your information is publicly available and conference participation information);
- From third parties, such as distributors, cooperation partners, agents and representatives with whom we contract.
- From our affiliates, including CV, iCare USA Inc. and iCare World Australia Pty. Ltd.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of Customer orders.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including logs and other communication data regarding the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie non-personal information collected automatically to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To market iCare’s and CV’s products and services, including direct marketing and newsletters, to you and the Customer.
- To develop iCare’s and CV’s products and services.
- To prevent criminal activities, such as fraud.
- To fulfill our regulatory compliance obligations with respect to your personal data.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us on behalf of the applicable Customer.
- To enter into and carry out our obligations (including the fulfillment of pre-contractual commitments and fulfillment of post-contractual commitments) and to enforce our rights arising from any contracts between the Customer and us, including for billing and collection.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Except in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of iCare’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by iCare about our Website users is among the assets transferred, we do not sell your personal information to third parties.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our distributors and agents and sales representatives in order to market and sell iCare’s and CV’s products and services to Customers;
- To our affiliates CV, iCare USA Inc., iCare World Australia Pty. Ltd. for all of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information
- To information technology and other service providers that process personal information for the purpose of providing services to us so that we can perform our business activities. Our current processors are as follows: Cloudlife Oy; Hubspot Inc.; Microsoft Corporation; and Sales Communications Oy.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of iCare’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by iCare about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our contracts, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of iCare, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Your State Privacy Rights
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Montana, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia provide (now or in the future) their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose (excluding Iowa and Utah).
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for:
- targeted advertising (excluding Iowa);
- sales; or
- profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects (excluding Iowa and Utah).
- Either limit (opt-out of) or require consent to process sensitive personal data.
The exact scope of these rights may vary by state. To exercise any of these rights, or to appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please contact us at [email protected].
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to [email protected]. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including the following:
- Use of physical access restrictions (such as locks) at iCare’s and its subcontractors’ premises;
- Use of electronic surveillance systems for iCare’s and its subcontractors’ premises and equipment;
- Implementation of firewall, anti-malware and spam-filtering systems on iCare’s and its subcontractors’ communication networks and other software and hardware that protect the security of communication networks;
- Professional knowledge and training of our personnel;
- Our internal policies and guidelines relating to personal information matters, including requiring our personnel use of high-quality passwords by our personnel; maintaining the ability to trace user access in our information technology systems; only allowing a limited number of superusers on our information technology systems; maintaining personal information exclusively in electronic form except for temporary special occasions; conditioning access to our information technology systems by requiring usage of iCare-managed devices, digital identity and multi-factor authentication. Access to personal information via any device (e.g., computers, smartphones, etc.) is granted only based on such policies.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Retention of Your Information
Subject to any state-specific rights of deletion that you elect to exercise (see Your State Privacy Rights, above), your personal information may be retained and stored by us:
- For as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected;
- If you are a representative of a Customer or other party who contracts with us, until the applicable contract is expired and terminated and all post-termination performance obligations between the parties have come to an end;
- For as long as it is needed for the establishment, exercise or defense of our legal claims; and
- For as long as relevant laws permit.
ICARE FINLAND OY
Äyritie 22, 01510 VANTAA, Finland
Tel.: +358 9 8775 1150
Email: [email protected]